1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A little progress...

Hi everyone,

There has been a little progress on my block G, I have finished the bird bath.  Also stitched up the little ladybug for the next block.  As you can see below I messed up the bud flowers in the brid bath block.  I use pigma pen to trace, and I just copied the little circles for the buds as they were drawn.  When I got to the stitching, I see they were meant to be a french knot, and when I tried they wouldn't hide the pen circles I had drawn.  Anyway, I quite like how they turned out though.  We are going away on holiday on Saturday, for a couple of weeks, so I will trace up some more blocks to stitch while I'm away.  I may not have it sewn up by the end of the month, but should be within a couple of days into May, I hope.  It feels a bit like failing an exam to not meet the 'deadline', but I hope you will all understand. 



All the finishes I've seen on here are just beautiful, there is such a huge variety of colours and fabrics happening.  Till next time, I hope you are all enjoying your stitching!

Nicky

9 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Nicky, I really like the way your little buds turned out. I bet there were some teeny tiny stitches in there to get them so smoothly round - well done
hugs
Miche'le

Chookyblue...... said...

all looks good to me.......get some of May's stitcheries started while your away too and you will be ahead on them.........have a lovely holiday and we won't fail you if your a few days late....lol......an I am loving my stitching.......nearly got another stitchery done...........should be able to get it finished tonight.......

Grethe said...

Looks lovely to me too!
Happy Stitching to you in the time to come :-)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your buds look really good...I got caught also, and just filled it in with a couple of f/knots to cover the traced line1
Lisa

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Looks good. Have a great holiday. I just finished this one too. Taking your stitcheries on holidays is nothing like having to take your school work with you when we were kids.
Kayly

Yvette said...

I like the buds the way you did them. It makes me want to re-do mine that way.

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous stitching, your buds look really good :)

Anita said...

Great stitching Nicky! My flower buds will look the same as that is how I traced them too LOL

Love Bears All Things said...

I think what you did looks great. It makes it uniquely your own. I haven't even begun because I just found out about it but Chooky assures me I should go ahead and do it so I am awaiting the book.
Mama Bear