1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Gardener's Journal is completed






I have finished the Quilt.... I was waiting for the stippling from the long arm quilter to be finished...I can say that between us Mum and myself we have enjoyed working as partners. We have started Mums Quilt for A Gardeners Journal and are up to the binding on that one....I however have completed mine so I guess it wont be long before Mum has hers finished...Thanks everyone for your comments. I have enjoyed being part of this group..
I have changed my blog...you can now find me @
http://thegloriousyears.blogspot.com/
Andrea

10 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Woo hoo, way to go. I just love the colours. Congratulations.
Miche'le

Chookyblue...... said...

wow it is so exciting seeing another finished quilt.......everyones is going to be so different.......thanks for being part of the swap and encouragement to everyone along the way.......so please both you and your mum both have a finished quilt from the SAL......

Terry said...

Congratulations! I love the Whimsicals fabrics you used! :0)

Love Bears All Things said...

It looks very good. I like the dark backing and the Cats.
Mama Bear

Yvette said...

I love it! Makes me want to go work on mine. Congrats!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Awesome! Fantastic quilt...love the border and backing fabrics as well...

Grethe said...

WOW! Beautiful! Congratulations! And yes lovely fabric-range! Super stippling!(my plan too)
Great inspiration for me,that`s for sure:-)
Today,Sunday,I had planned for a long stitching-day,but alas: family-outing to pick these delicious mushrooms!!!
But more days to come .........

suzitee said...

Wooohoooo...well done Andrea! You are an inspiration!

Jytte R said...

Congratulations. The finished quilt looks so fantastic and both you and your mother may be very proud.
It is a great job you have done and now it is finished. WOW.
Jytte

Cubby House Crafts said...

Congratulations! It just gorgeoous
Lisa ʚϊɞ