1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Greetings from Finland


Hello my Dear Stitching Friends
new and old ones;)

My name is Satu
and I live in FINLAND. YES, in the same country, where Santa Claus lives;)
Atleast we, finnish people thought so...
I wrote a letter last Christmas to SC and wished Tis the Season - booklet as a present.
And I got!;)

I did an experiment stitching with Noël. It's Atalie's hand-dyed embroidery thread. It looked nice... so I choosed the fabrics according by it.
My fabrics are - mainly - from Glace, which is Moda's 3 sisters range. There is also two brown fabrics from 'Folklorique' by Fig Tree Quilts. Cream fabric for the stitcheries is also Moda 3-sisters... but I don't remember the range now...

So I'm quite ready for a new challenge
WITH YOU!!!!

10 comments:

barb's creations said...

I love the Glace fabric range,all your fabrics look gorgeous together.I also can't wait to start :) Barb.

Lolastitchida said...

Beautiful fabrics and I love how the thread looks.

Anonymous said...

I love your choice of fabric and i really love your thread i will be looking forward to seeing this one's progress.
cheers shez

Love Bears All Things said...

Welcome Satu,
I'm happy that your Christmas wish came true..I love your thread and the fabrics.
I am Mama Bear from Alabama, USA

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE the mixture of red with green accents. My Holiday Redwork incorporates this but yours is so beautifully subtle! Thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

wow Satu.. lovely when christmas wish comes true..gosh I lvoe the look of that thread-might hjave to se where I can source that,cheers Vickie

Quilt Kitty said...

Your stitched block looks great in that hand dyed thread, very Christmassy. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

you look after Santa there......glad he listened to your request for the book...........nice fabrics and that red/green thread looks great........the block you have done looks great........

Sharon said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that thread your using.

Isabella said...

WOW that thread is great just love it must see if we can get it here in Australia happy stitching