1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January/February Section


I put together my blocks and sashing to make the two panels for January/February part
of the December section. Right away, I see problems and will need to take out
stitching and redo that section....I hate redos but it
won't look right unless I 
correct that mistake....I must have measured wrong
when I trimmed my background pieces after the applique was
completed. The patchwork section on the bottom
is a little lower than the one on the first panel...And
see that place in the sashing strips where I have two squares
in the same place.
I think I can correct it without too much 
hassle.
 I stitched the cherry on top of one of the Chocolates...
I used a button for the Daisy center
and the cherry on top of the ice cream.




I loved the way the book looked when I 
finished it.
I seldom drink hot Chocolate so
I've made this hot coffee instead.

I know there is a bottom panel to do before
 I can actually say I'm up through February.
I will get that done in a few days although it
can't be added until more of the panels are finished.
I really enjoy doing these appliques
but I think I'm going to work on something else for
the next few weeks.

Happy Stitching 
Sammie
AKA Mama Bear
Alabama, USA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Sammie... I'm on the lounge now ready to finish my December & January now :)

DAWNIE said...

Wow this looks fabulous - I hope Anni is looking at all the variations also.

Fiona said...

Looking great... you are well ahead ... love the fabrics you have chosen...
Hugz

Susan said...

Reverse sewing is never fun - then again I would have to change those two little squares too - but it looks great and you are well in advance of Chookyblue's timetable. Great to change things to be what you want / like as well.

Needle 'n Thread with SuziQ said...

Looking great!!! Giving the quilt our own personal touches is what it is about don't you think? I would be like you Sammie, I would have to re-do the two squares and I love the red button. Cheers, SuziQ

FIONA said...

All looks great Sammie!!! Fabulous bright colours too! You are making such fantastic progress!! Happy stitching!! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

if it's bugging you now it will be later too..........so change it.........your going well........if you have the bottom section pieced then you are up to date for Feb.........

FloS said...

Great job !! I like your buttons ideas very much !!
and I think I will made a cup of coffee too ! ;)
Florence

Kris said...

I love your book too! It is beautiful. Yeah, I would unpick and change it too. You are so quick, I'm sure you won't take long!

Lee said...

You are awesome. When I look at what everyone has done, I wish I had joined! Your quilt is going to be wonderful!