1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, July 1, 2012

finally up to date..........

Finally the SAL blog is up to date..........57 comments on posts later that is..........the sidebar is finally up to date......I got behind then it was hard to try and catch up.........sorry for the delay......if you posted since 21st May and the sidebar is not correct let me know ASAP.

....well done to the girls who we have heard from..............
Fiona Bubz, Fiona FLY, FIONA, KateS and KateW, Lori, Sharon, Elisa, Lisa, De, Kayly, Sylvia, Clare, Sammi, Kath, Satu, Hanne (Den), Dawn, Marg, Pepe, Flo, Susan Oh2Sew, Vicki, Suzitee, 
If your not mentioned above it would be fantastic to see what your up to with the quilt..............
We have a couple of TOP's on the sidebar..........
congrats - Sharon, Lori and KateW

GJ and TTS girls
Dzintra glad you have another block done and thanks to Kayly for showing us Lynda's GJ block....come on Lynda do you have another one done...........
Dawnie posted a pic of her TTS top.....is it quilted now Dawnie?.......Pepe had another project she made from a block......

The current SAL WILL be FINISHING in October as per the deadline on the sidebar........after that time everyone gets busy with Christmas stitching

Also for the stragglers on the TTS and GJ quilts that will be ending then too.

I am unsure if we will go onto a new project at this stage really that depends on how all your girls go at getting the current SAL finished.

But it is not too late...........get going with the SAL....I am way behind too so lets all make a big push to get the quilts moving.............

For all the girls who are up to date
CONGRATULATIONS
If life and sewing plans have changed let me know if your not planning to do the quilt. 

Happy Stitching..........Chookyblue
PS if you need some inspiration just go back thru some posts..............

20 comments:

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Thank you chooky for the encouragment! That is always a plus! Although I have not posted my progress I am coming along nicely...way behind but that's okay, I will be caught up in no time as I am on holidays now for the next 9 weeks. I am leaving for Australia in two hours and I am over the moon. I have all my blocks ready to handstitch on my long journey over. Hopefully my stitching needle will pass security. I will keep you posted on that one. I have my dental floss with me so I can use that to cut my thread..heeheee! That is if they dont let my nifty tiny little travel scissors through...should be interesting! Well anyways, I will post from the land Down Under in the next few days. I sure hope we continue on to another project. Even though I am always behind schedule I love to be a part of this group of lovely stitchers.
Holly

Stitched With Prayer said...

Chooky, I am 3 blocks away from putting my TTS quilt together. My camera is on the fritz but when my TTS is finished, I will email you a picture, it is after all my first SAL. My sincere apologies for not keeping up. Surgeries, 4 since I started TTS and other health issues slowed me down, along with the real problem, "laziness" and not taking advantage of many hours of what would have been super stitching time. But I did want you to know that I check in often, though I lurk, drooling over completed projects and wishing I was a faster stitcher/quilter. Thanks for everything, you are all most excellent hosts of these delightful SAL's . One of these days, I'm hoping to be able to purchase the Gardeners Journal patterns and get going on that, such a gorgeous project. Anyway, again, thanks for everything, especially your kindness and patience. Big Hugs...

Susan said...

Thanks for the push-a-long Chookyblue. I have really enjoyed this SAL - and being part of it has certainly increased my number of bloggy friends - especially the ones in Brisbane. I'd love to see it continue - though I do realise that it takes a lot of time - yours especially - even with assistance - and commitment. So I will keep my fingers crossed - but if you go for another one - I am more than happy to wait til the start of the new year ... gives us a chance to catch up on other things.
Big hugs Chookyblue and thanks.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thanks so much Chooky for all your encouragement and for everything you do to keep this blog up to date! Stitching GJ is an absolute joy...and yipppeee the end is nearly here...I am loving doing this quilt!

FloS said...

Thank you for all your work for leading this SAL Blog Chooky !
It is a real help to keep goals !! I like it very much !
I hope we can continue on another project !! but I understand it is a hard work with so many SALers... to watch after !!
Thank you for the chance to have joined this one !
Florence

Love Bears All Things said...

I would be interested in another SAL...I loved the GJ, my favorite. I wouldn't want to do another as complicated as this one but I never would have learned so much about applique if I hadn't done it. I was looking at some other designers yesterday. I wouldn't mind doing one of Lynnette Anderson's BOMs.
There are a lot of names on the sidebar without letters by their names, that's disappointing, I know. Keeping the blog up to date is a lot of work, I know. Everyone is so supportive and its fun to see how each one is personalized. I am planning to make the sewing bag and the pen cushion, maybe the needle case, too.
Thanks,
Sammie
Mama Bear

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Thanks Chooky.....I need to get myself organized...well done to all the girls...x

Fiona said...

This is such a fun way to quilt together... and I have been challenged to try quilts and techniques I don't think I would have done if not for the SAL... so a big thanks from me - there are lots of amazing quilts in progress..
Hugz

FIONA said...

Thanks Chooky for the update! I'm thoroughly enjoying this quilt and will be sad when it is finished ... we will all have to get our acts together and finish off .... just so we can start another one! Big thankyou for all your organisation and motivation too .... it's a lovely group to be a part of and you are a gem for organising this. xx Fiona xx

Sylvia said...

Thanks, Chooky, for organising and planning these great stitch-a-longs amidst your own busy life. The blog is a great motivation to keep up and it is wonderful to see everyone's progress. I would love to be in one again but am happy to wait till the New year and do a bit of catching up!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Yes another huge thanks for organising and keeping this going. I know that I would not have made this quilt if it was not for the stitch along. I am hoping that we can do it again next year. Hugs, Sharon

Fee said...

Oops - I had better get a wriggle on - Will post my finishes in the enxt week or so - I have a few started ! xxx Fee xx

suzitee said...

A big thankyou from me too, Chooky! I love being a part of this group...it keeps me motivated and dare I say,accountable :) It's a bit disappointing to see so many names with no letters...hopefully we can all do a bit of catching up over the next few months, and see lots of finishes come October!

Shiralee Stitches said...

Chooky your efforts with this group stitching blog is amazing and I am heading straight to my SKOW box right now to have another burst....life has been in the way of sewing for a while but getting on track now.....thanks for the gentle push-a-long.......I need to cut all the squars to add to already finished blocks then I can post them.....

Yvonne W said...

I have been working on the SKOW quilt but am still behind-- so will keep working even harder! Thanks for the reminder. Taking photos and then posting them are rather time consuming-- so I tend to put it off-- will try and do so soon.
Thanks for organising this SAL . It does make one get cracking -- otherwise the pattern and materials just stay in the box.

Pepe said...

Wow! Magic moments when quilts com up together! Love our group... Kisses

Lolastitchida said...

Thank you so much Chooky! I really hope we can do another SAL - I already have purchased The Simple Life Book. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

DAWNIE said...

Thank you as always Chooky for your inspiration and updates as this is such a massive job that you do. It is always a joy to read. I am still straggling and just cant get time to stitch since the show, but hope to get back on track soon - am a finisher, so they will get done. Great work to all the other girls who have had finishes and wow there is some pretty amazing quilts out there - has been great reading them and will be nice to reflect t back on too.

DAWNIE said...

Thank you as always Chooky for your inspiration and updates as this is such a massive job that you do. It is always a joy to read. I am still straggling and just cant get time to stitch since the show, but hope to get back on track soon - am a finisher, so they will get done. Great work to all the other girls who have had finishes and wow there is some pretty amazing quilts out there - has been great reading them and will be nice to reflect t back on too.

Susie said...

Thanks for the push Chooky - after I get back from our bush trip with the kids I will definitely post something!!! Thanks again.