1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Long Time No Post

Hi all,

My last post was about my House Block in the March section of our SKOW Quilt. Has my world really gone crazy that long ago this year? To be honest it was not only extra work hours & days that have kept me away but also my aversion to needleturn applique has kept my needle dormant.

Last weekend I did a review of where I was at - 13 blocks to stitch - did up a plan & decided to add redesigning 7 blocks to suit me. I started with some quick & easy blocks so I could cross something off my list & now have 4 completed blocks to show you.

Three from the original design




And a new addition to replace the old chair block. What do I love better than old chairs? Old linens & I even had stained & ripped old ones I had kept knowing I would use their pretty parts somehow.


Next I am starting to stitch a photography block to replace the butterfly one. So I hope to get a couple of blocks done each week between doing Christmas swap pressies.

Can't wait to see what the next stitch-a-long is going to be! I know Chooky - concentrate on finishing this one first - don't go buying fabrics again this year before you are finished & allowed to play along like you did last year....

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

7 comments:

Susan said...

Tracee - I do love your "Old Linens" block - very clever.

Anonymous said...

lol,lovely blocks Trace,well done.xx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

clever...very clever! Your linen block looks lovely. Keep turning your needle and it will come together.

Chookyblue...... said...

it's great to adapt blocks to suit our own likes.........goodluck with the camera........can you work it out enough with the picture I posted......come on keep going your on the home run now........

Susie said...

Great change - love the vintage linens.

Love Bears All Things said...

I like how you adapted this block....Some of them go pretty quickly. I had never done needleturn until this project and I found for the most part that I liked it. Some of the circles and curves weren't for me and I found a way around that. For the rainbow, I used ribbon and on the tree I just did a flowered fabric and skipped the flower applique on the tree. You can do it.....just keep plugging along.
Mama Bear

laura said...

Old linens... very nice way to incorporate the worn ones and make good use of them. Genius.