1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, November 30, 2012

Finished SKOW - a little late


Thanks to Chookyblue and the encouragement of all the other bloggers, I have finished my SKOW quilt - its a little late, but only a month so it's not too bad.



I added a label - something I know we should all do but I often don't unless it is for a gift.  I I used the  "Sunshine on my Face" block for the label, since I had already stitched it before I decided not to include it in the quilt.

Don't ask me why I didn't pre plan the wording and spread it around a bit more -
obviously too much on my mind and not paying attention.

I have found the monthly deadlines so motivating - although I didn't get the work done every time and could have posted a lot more, I did end up pretty much on schedule.

And once more - a HUGE thank you to Chookyblue for all the work she does.

I am going to put photos of each block over on my blog - on a separate page "SKOW".  You may need to wait until after the weekend - it's going to be a busy one.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks Chookyblue

Pepe said...

Wow! Tags begin to arrive! I looove them! Good idea!!! I have some ideas too... :)

De said...

looks fantastic! Congrats on getting it finished!

Fiona said...

It's awesome....
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

Susan it is absolutely gorgeous...love your personalised blocks...well done!...

laura said...

Hurray for you! I know you feel so happy for finishing. I think you should have taken some design credit for those unique blocks of yours. Love the colors.

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations!!
Now the sideboard needs updating for sure.
Mama Bear

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations!!
Now the sideboard needs updating for sure.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

Yippee finally finished..........great idea for a label......thanks for being part of the SAL and "whip cracker" when needed........much appreciated......

Susie said...

Well done! Better late than never - I'm still doing blocks! I love the wording on the sun! Very cute!