1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, August 2, 2015

July block - Susan Oh 2 Sew

Here 'tis

I haven't done the border yet - I had planned on using the blue at the side but might reconsider this when I've done the next section.  There could be a few legs & bits missing too but for now I need to move onto some other stuff.....and since I have the power of the "tick" - I'll call it done!!


I think its just one of those days - I can't even get the photo clear where the butterfly is...so here is the close up - I will add some antennae later...along with the legs on the bird and lady beetle etc etc.


6 comments:

creations.1 said...

Love your butterfly!! Your blocks is lovely!!

SandyN said...

Wow.. I LOVE the butterfly.

Dawnie said...

Looks just fabulous and yout butterfly is awesome

Susie said...

gosh - that butterfly is beautiful!!Love the block

suzeblack said...

Looks gorgeous Susan...and love your butterfly! Suze x

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Susan..........the power of the tick hey...........lol....I do like your butterfly........